View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Flaps50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B777 FO FDX, C130 ANG
Thumbs down Bad Deal

Originally Posted by 2cylinderdriver View Post
Good question, I would call Monday and ask futures to be sure. I would say it will drop the entire block. I have read nothing in the CBA that says carryover days are treated any different on the training bids.

This was another big giveback in my opinion. Bidding for recurrent has turned into a boon for the Company, almost everyone is training on days off now. The old method was much better for R lines especially. The only plus is being able to conflict a large trip or block of R days if you want time off and they are short manned (not likely in the near future) or during our next CBA talks we can really open up lots of trips this way, wait I am dreaming again ! Back to our regularly scheduled program.
That's exactly what I was saying back in March when the new training conflicts took effect. A lot guys were saying it was better now because they could bid for a training slot, but they were thinking it was something it has not turned out to be. Bottom line it is a loose for us and a win for the company. Now you don't get paid for your dropped trips, and it is up to you to go into open time to fly more if you want your pay back. Plus most of us are not senior enough to get the training slots we want anyway.

Bad deal! It cost me 10 hours last March because I was not able to pick up anything that fit into my commuter line.

The company schooled us on many parts of this CBA, and the LOA is a Joke! We need to get a clue, the company is laughing at us, look at all the trips turning to hard time. If you are not feeling up to flying because of the reduced rest on these layovers - call in fatigued! That's the only way to fix these trips!

Later!

Last edited by Flaps50; 10-20-2007 at 10:50 PM.