Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 03:10 AM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by rivervisual View Post
Class is coming up in a month and I’m still unsure what I want to bid on. I live in the DC area but I’m willing to move to LAX or ATL.

This is what I found from almost a year ago:

I like the 7ER for the international flying but I’m not sure how good QoL is on reserve.

Considerations:
A320 will grow rapidly. 717 seems to have quick progression and almost as quick of an upgrade as the M88, along with more bases to chose from. 737 seems to have better destinations. My SSN puts me in the bottom half.

How fast is seniority progression for A320 NYC? How long until you can hold a line?

Thanks in advance for the help! Looking forward to joining the family. :-)
Hired a year ago in NYC320. I sat on Rsv for 7 months, but it was because of the big Bid. They stopped sending people to Ny for about 3-5 months. Right now I sit 50% and can hold weekends off, christmas holidays (on reserve).

Next month I decided to bid specific trips and I got everything I asked for it. Also when the winter storms hit, you’ll get a lot of cancelarlos and reroutes. That could be a downside or if you’re like me, I really don’t care.

Im a commuter and so far it’s been a great base. Another downside is that you might want a crashpad and that’s about $3k a year, unless you want to pay for hotels which are not cheap.