View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 04:22 PM
DrJekyll MrHyde
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Bus CA

Originally Posted by UNSUBSCRIBE View Post
Yes, you are missing something.

Are you serious with comparing FedExs size to a legacy?
You understand FedEx is a much larger than DELTA?, lol right?

Delta is only an airline, FedEx is a Worldwide POWERHOUSE, same with UPS.....

Market cap alone is 2x the size, lol

Clueless
I’m not going to agree that the size of any recognized major airline should determine what they should pay their pilots. Their size can effect their profit margins (generally the larger the airline, the thinner the margins). Profit margins is what determines their ability to pay wages, so in F9’s case they are quite capable of paying average market rates for pilots while still maintaining a sizable margin over their competitors. It’s not in the size of the numbers, it’s in the percentages.

But since you seem intent on using this ridiculous argument about the size of FedEX (international ops) versus Delta versus whoever - let’s recognize another corporation, Indigo Partners.

Now based on your logic, follow me. Indigo Partners, which is a large corporation invested in four airlines, just placed the largest Airbus order in history.

So let’s take all of Indigo’s growth (430 airframes) from that order and conservatively assume 50% of every current aircraft flying amongst the 4 airlines will be retired by the time the new order is fully delivered in 2026. That leaves the following numbers for each fleet without a single aircraft from the latest massive Airbus order; 82 for Volaris, 20 for JetSmart, 179 for WizzAir, 106 for Frontier. That’s a total of 387 aircraft amongst the 4 airlines before including the 430 airframe order. So in 2026 Indigo Partners could have in the ballpark of 817 aircraft operating under their control. That’s 105 more aircraft than Southwest Airlines currently operates, and only 33 less airframes than Delta!

Well shucks, I guess when we look at it this way your “Size = pay rates” logic would put our pay rates somewhere between Southwest and Delta.

How about them apples?!

My math, not including any aircraft from massive Airbus order:
Frontier: (1/2 of 78 current F9 fleet is 39, then add 67 undelivered aircraft from previous order, sum of 106).
WizzAir: (1/2 of 88 current fleet is 44, then add 135 undelivered from previous orders, sum of 179).
JetSmart: (1/2 of 5 current fleet is approx. 2, then add 18 undelivered aircraft from previous orders, sum of 20).
Volaris: (1/2 of 69 current fleet is approx. 34, then add 48 undelivered aircraft from previous orders, sum of 82).
You can find these numbers under “Fleet” for each airline on Wikipedia.