View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 AM
pilotjonesg
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 320 Left

Originally Posted by K4FE View Post
There's only been one "flow thru" to Kalitta Air since it started in 2000. Prior to that, I seem to recall 2 KFS (135) guys who crossed over to AIA in the mid-early 90's.
While it may be remotely possible to move move over to the 747 side, it's not realistic to expect to in a reasonable time, especially with marginal experience.
Even if it happens, there is no seniority cross over. Three different companies, three different certificates and two different owners. Not to mention the union at KA vs. none at KC or KCII. Just trying to be real.

Well, I never said it was going to be a massive takeover. It is something that the management of K4 and KC have put together. And actually, there is a capt there right now who came from charters in 2003, I belive he upgraded in a year there if I am not mistaken. This even allows a flow back so FE's who want to get flight time can come fly the lears, falcons or even 72 or 9 to get some flight time. I am just promoting what management is telling me. There will be a few guys trickleing in over the course of time, but it seems most of the 135 guys would rather go to Net Jets or something like that. Thats just oppinion.