View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Pilotpip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

Tell him to stop flying until he gets the medical. I had three students in this situation and it took all of them at least six months to get their medical. They won't be able to solo and will eventually hit a road block that could get expensive and could really destroy their enthusasm for flight.

It varied between all of them. One had to get a battery of tests from an FAA-approved psychologist that took the better part of three straight days. One just needed a letter from his physician. The other had to go through about half of the tests.

My suggestion would be to tell them to spend the $39 on a membership to AOPA. They have a FANTASTIC medical help division. In the lesser cases, both families got the membership and were able to go to the FAA with proper paperwork in hand. In the extreme case I really think mom's meddling had something to do with it. She called Ok. City ever week and was told that her son's app was in the short pile and would be processed soon. I really think those calls were hurting because she was annoying the paper pushers.