View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 06:33 AM
marcal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Dorn View Post
I agree with above comments but I would recommend not falling into the trap that the "set it and forget it" methedology is sound especially for those who are closer to needing their 401K funds. I think anyone who even occasionally pays attention to the market would have agreed this last few months pretty much everyone was saying this market has overreached. Pigs get slaughtered. don't get greedy. If you have made a nice return and see that your closer than farther to a pullback be smart,move your assets into cash or at least some of it. Drops like we just witnessed are buying opportunities see them as such. The number one rule is protect your assets. Im not suggesting to become a "trader" just that its important to participate in the management of your retirement.
401K planning is like flying an approach. Way out it takes little to no inputs. As you approach the runway(retirement) you start making more corrections. As you cross the threshold hopefully you don't PIO yourself into a ditch!