View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:20 PM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by Rsv4lyfe View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts, truly.

However, Delta has the same test we take. United has the Hogan Personality Assessment. Southwest no longer has a back door policy of walking into the CP’s office with a good friend. 50%+ of AA’s hiring is from flows via wholly-owned regionals. Their interviews are all largely HR based now as well. In fact, my SBI/panel interview here was more “piloty, broohahah, experience” than anywhere else I’ve interviewed.

I would disagree that FedEx is the only airline that doesn’t value your experience. I came here from one of the big 3 majors. When I was in indoc the military guys were all asking the instructors and pilot recruiters how they could get their buds a call and that they’ve had their apps on file for years without a call. Meanwhile, 26 year old RJ FO’s with 2500TT were sitting next to us. Delta just hired a 23(!!!!) year old RJ FO. I’m sure there are a plethora of fine military aviators salivating over a job there as well.

Same story everywhere else.
Nothing against military guys and gals, respect the service for us. However those 2500 hr RJ guys are working in the system we operate in everday and probably doing wing low cross wind landings to boot. Just Saying