View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 06:38 PM
jasmine
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Archy Meatpants View Post
Very thorough and informative. If I may ask some additional...

-You said $63k the first year was a lie. What was on your 2017 W2? Any bonuses included?
-How many hours did you block?
-Average days off per month?
I was never lied to about pay or bonuses. A lot of the information comes from company headhunters who, by human nature, get some of the information wrong. You could make way more than $63,000 per year as a first year f/o if you're willing to live on the road but you'd make just as much with a lot less work and time away from home with the sign on bonuses at other charter companies and airlines. Not to mention a much, much faster upgrade.
I worked an average 16-18 days per month.

My objective of this post was to reach those who are looking into FJ and help them make the most informed decision possible. When I came onboard, there was very little current info about the company so I'm just sharing my experience and opinions.

Flexjet has to do something to attract some talent because they really aren't competitive in the new hire market. I'm not really sure what they could do to improve that situation but I hope they figure it out because I think I can speak for nearly every FJ pilot when I say we need more pilots because we are getting our booties kicked with all the flying/work we do.

Jazz