View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:08 PM
SonicFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
all new hires are going into the Phenom. Everyone seems to hate that plane and they can't fill the seats so naturally thats where they stick the new hires.
Why is that?

You work a solid 14 hours and then you have 10 hours of rest. When your duty day starts, you are expected to be at the FBO at your start time regardless of when your flight departs. You get 30 minutes after you land to clean and put away the plane and then your 10 hours of rest starts.
Ex: Your duty day starts 05:00 and ends at 18:59. Your rest starts at 19:00 and ends at 05:00. Even if you have 8 hours of scheduled flight starting at 11:00, your are expected to show up at the fbo at 05:00 and sit. This policy is exhausting and starting at day 2, you're really feeling it. Its a senseless and dangerous policy which is a disservice to our owners who are expecting and pay for fresh and safe crews.
This is enough of a reason that I would never apply or seek to work there. That is just stupid, and as you pointed out, unsafe.

Unlike an airline where your main duty is the flying, not only do we fly a ton, we clean toilets, cabins, carpets, cupboards, take off and put on freezable stock, put in gear pins and pitot covers, shop for stock, make sure the paxs catering is what they ordered and onboard plus a million other things.
I have no experience but it seems to me that seems to be typical for almost all corporate/135/91k jobs?