View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Front Office
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by jasmine View Post

A typical rotation:
The company has a "14 and 10" policy. You work a solid 14 hours and then you have 10 hours of rest. When your duty day starts, you are expected to be at the FBO at your start time regardless of when your flight departs. You get 30 minutes after you land to clean and put away the plane and then your 10 hours of rest starts.
Ex: Your duty day starts 05:00 and ends at 18:59. Your rest starts at 19:00 and ends at 05:00. Even if you have 8 hours of scheduled flight starting at 11:00, your are expected to show up at the fbo at 05:00 and sit. This policy is exhausting and starting at day 2, you're really feeling it. Its a senseless and dangerous policy which is a disservice to our owners who are expecting and pay for fresh and safe crews.

Aside from the super lame 14 and 10 policy, the uniform is my personal pet peeve about my employment. We were told (and it seems true) that KR and his wife, (both who are really into fashion) designed the uniform and it's only function is to be fashionable. The shirt is ok, but being grey, you have to get them from the company source and they're pretty damn cheap. Also, being grey, any kind of moisture, sweat, water, whatever shows until dry.
The pants, the pants are satan's gift to aviation. They are very thin, skinny pants with ZERO space for your bum and junk. If you think about spreading your legs or bending down, the crouch will split. So most guys order their pants 5 sizes too large so they don't rip so easy but then you're pulling your pants up 1000 times a day because the waist is too big. I'm not sure how they do it, but the pants are awesome at untucking your shirt.
I cannot say enough how awful these pants are.
So only 10 hours at a hotel every night for your rotation? Is this policy really followed?

YIKES !!!!