Old 02-24-2018, 06:05 PM
boiler
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by hackerbyday View Post
Dang I didn’t know you guys are the Mesiah here to save us from our ignorant cornfield ways. We don’t know how the industry works? Well its obvious you had no idea what ACMI flying is all about, or did you just not do your research before coming here. All the whining about no food and warm water you’ll never become a freight dog just some little pampered poodle.
And then to say a couple 151rs put Soaper in his place by walking out on him instead of standing up and being the adult in the room and taking it to him. But no coming on here to air your grievances that takes a pair.

One of those 151ers argued with him for an hour (and yes, the other walked out at some point in there). Apparently it ended when he told Soaper that we will never take concessions, he doesn’t intimidate us, and we do not want to talk to him in class ever again. Sounds like he held his ground pretty well.

I never said we were the messiah. I just said you would do well to value our opinions since we have all recently come from various parts of the industry. Many of the senior guys have endured this nonsense so long that it doesn’t register how lousy our work rules are. I don’t fault you for that. I’m just saying that we should have clear goals on what we want for our QOL if we ever get a contract to vote on.

I’m really not sure why you’re irritated with us in this thread. Most of the senior guys I’ve talked with about these things agree that this is a sketchy cornfield operation that is frankly kind of embarrassing, but for some reason you’re taking it personally that we are calling a spade a spade. It’s not personal at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk