View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:52 AM
Paladin145
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by StrykerB21 View Post
I'd rather not fly with someone that doesn't know the limitations and can't perform to ATP standards in the sim. If you can't hack it that's no ones fault but your own. Grow up.
Agreed.

Not sure why Wisconsin has you do their strange stall recovery technique, exactly on altitude, exactly on speed. One senior LCA said, " if you see your trend vector going above 200KIAS as your are leveling out, go to F.I."
WTF! You just recovered from a stall, were in a low energy state, and he wants you to go back to F.I., so you can be low energy again? It is not supposed to be a precision manuever.

"6. Regains control of the airplane and recovers to maneuvering speed and flight path appropriate for the airplane's configuration without exceeding the airplane's limitations or losing excessive altitude consistent with the airplane's performance capabilities. This should include reducing pitch attitude as necessary, reducing bank angle and adding power (no particular order implied!) to recover to missed approach or cruise configuration, airspeed and altitude. Some altitude loss is expected during the recovery, but re-establishment of controlled flight is paramount.
Note: Evaluation criteria for a recovery from an approach to stall should not mandate a predetermined value for altitude loss and should not mandate maintaining altitude during recovery. Valid evaluation criteria must take into account the multitude of external (such as density altitude) and internal variables (ie. airplane mass, drag configuration and powerplant response time) which affect the recovery altitude.
7. Demonstrates smooth, positive control during entry, approach to a stall, and recovery."

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing...ia/atp_pts.pdf