View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:34 AM
FlyingBulldog
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
I think I know where you work based on a previous conversation...

If you complete sims and don’t consolidate you have to go back into sims. Right now some sim pairings are taking 2-3 months from start of sims to LOE... there’s plenty of folks waiting in the Que to get through training so it doesn’t cost them anything to wait to start you. If you told them you’re going out on leave or absence before you’re able to complete training, what’s the point of spending sim time on you that’s going to have to be redone? They’re willing to invest all the resources into you once you start even if you’re taking longer than footprint, as long as you’re making progress.

From a training prospective, it’d be pretty lame to get paired up with you and have you bail half way through sims and having to ride through every event with a second instructor as a seat filler.

I don’t think anyone is reasonably going to look at your extended paid vacation with flight benefits etc while you’re probation clock is running (until you go on mil leave IIRC), your seniority is increasing and a company that’s happily willing to send you through training upon your return as “retribution”.

I thought you were previously considering leaving due to the training delay? It’s kind of odd that you were talking quitting due to the delays and now you’re trying to legalese a USERRA case for “retribution” around previously discusssed delays...
As far as I know, you don't have to complete the ENTIRE sim program if you don't consolidate, just one or two sims plus another checkride. That would be much less of a time waste than doing nothing until the deployment.

Side note: you said earlier that probation freezes with military leave, which I think is true, so why shouldn't consolidation also? Not really the point of this thread, just something I noticed.

As far as leaving due to delays, I decided not to, of course, but why take a further penalty delay for deploying?