View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:22 AM
CL300
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by 12oclkcharlie View Post
Good evening, first post I know..

I have an opportunity at FedEx but have a pretty good gig where I sit too. I didn't do but just a couple interviews as a result.

Ive heard what first year pay is and guess its around the 70k mark. However what about 2-3 or even 5. Im trying to figure out if I leave a 250'ish job how long it will take me to recover and make headway.

I know all about the A and B plan but Im leaving retirement out of the discussion for now.

advice/help is greatly appreciated.
How secure is your current gig? Yeah, in the minds of most 91 guys, they're all secure. In reality, most are just one death or new CEO away from losing their airplane(s) and being out of a job.

I had a great 91 job as well, but left for Brown. Mine was fairly secure, but likely if the HNWI passed away, the airplanes would disappear too. I didn't want to take that risk and when UPS called, I didn't have to think twice about it.

How many pilots do you meet at an FBO that have been in their current position for 20+ years? In my 16 years of charter and corporate flying, I could probably count them on one hand. It's generally a whole career of job hopping, layoffs, mergers, etc.