View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:33 AM
JayBee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

SAP, as we know it is going away.

Don't know why but that statement of fact gets people's panties in a bunch...

Are we supposed to have a SAP with PBS ? Yes. Does anyone know what that means ? No. (unless they a super secret access badge in which case they can't/won't talk about it...)

So yea, we will get a sales pitch along the lines of "you won't need to SAP because PBS will give you what you want...". As I understand it, with no official word from our Union, the pairings do not change. PBS doesn't fix anything, it is just a different bidding system.

We already have the ability to sort lines based on our preference and once the computer sorts them we can manually select or deselect in our order of preference because the sort doesn't give you exactly what you want.

With PBS, the computer will sort it and autoselect it for us. If you don't get it right people will say "you got to learn how to use it better" as if you were stupid, just fell off the turnip truck and this was your first day on the job. The fact of the matter is PBS has this feature called "unstacking" where it will force stuff on you. A lot of it depends on the contract language with how well PBS will or will not work for us.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it but based on the very poor language of our current contract and LoA's with "unintended consequences" I do not have my hopes very high. I hope that I am completely wrong but I am not holding my breath.