Thread: ORD Seniority
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
svergin
UCH Pilot

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 787

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
In the most recent bid at AA ORD 737 FO dropped somewhat from where it was. It now seems possible to make it there in about a year (that is only my guess). But it is a relatively senior base and will be for quite a while. With retirements even senior bases will have movement, though you may be on reserve longer there, or hold a worse line than more junior bases.

At United ORD was really junior in the past few years. I know people who got it almost immediately. But I don't know what their hiring looks like right now.

The dispute between AA and UAL at ORD was over 5 future gates in the proposed expansion. The only way that will have a large effect on the pilots is if AA goes nuclear and massively shrinks at ORD in response. I have no idea how likely or unlikely that is, but for now AA is refusing to sign onto expansion plans, at least according to a local newspaper article here (I have no inside knowledge).

Emanuel vows to push ahead on $8.5B O'Hare expansion as American Airlines decries 'secret deal' - Chicago Tribune
Those 5 “future gates” represent the 5 gates American added, and United is merely getting 5 additional gates as well. Its like American is saying “We got our 5 gates, but we don’t want United to get any more”. American hasn’t signed the deal, so they may end up abandoning ORD all together.