View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:49 PM
scubadiver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: searching..
Question Comparing PSA, PDT, GoJet, and EDV

This is a PRO/CON question I am going to post in this forum and the other mentioned airlines forum to see opinions and input from their respective pilots, and possibly update if more information is obtained.

I am at 850 hours (I have to go to 1500 for ATP). I am looking at all 3 regionals hard now, while I have time to think and make the best strategic decision. I am an employed CFI/CFII and getting about 100 hours per month.

Here is the best I can do with organizing the hundreds of things going through my mind. I would appreciate relevant comments to help find the right place for me.

Obviously QOL is important, base location is as well. I am 40 and have a family so I can't really move right away, but may eventually.

Reserve time is pretty minimal in most of them.

I live in reasonable driving distance to GSO (a little over 1 hour) and RDU (1.5 hour) for commuting. I am not sure whether the commuting is a pro/con/neutral because they can all be workable but I did my best to decide.

Endeavor
Commuting by air to ATL, many flights from RDU and GSO daily
Best pay
Wholly owned
Don't personally know any pilots who fly there
Interview with Delta (not sure how long)
Probably the best commuter policy
Typed and fly CRJ2 or 7 and 9 but longer reserve for 7 and 9

Piedmont
Commuting by air to PHL, about 4 flights from GSO and RDU daily (Only one base currently)
Less pay than some others
Wholly owned
The pilots (friends) I know who work there are happy
Supposedly Faster no interview flow to AA than PSA - Smaller pilot pool and larger flow numbers
Decent commuter policy

PSA
2.5 hours drive to CLT (2nd closest domicile to me)
Less pay that some others
Wholly owned
The pilots (friends) I know who work there are happy
No interview flow to AA (supposedly a little slower than PDT)
SAP program
Decent commuter policy
Typed and fly CRJ2,7,and 9

GoJet
RDU base closest airport domicile to me
Less pay that some others
Not wholly owned, future much more uncertain
Don't know anyone who works there for true unbiased opinion