View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Alderdriver.. I just reread your original post and realized below average reading on my part. You said pay raise doesn’t offset QOL. I misunderstood and thought you were saying 77F made same or more which I have heard folks saying for a long time. My bad.. I think we are mostly in agreement.
Okay.
But based on your response just above, we still seem to differ some.

Yes, on paper there is a pay disparity between the two seats at the same longevity. Take a look at my numbers and consider the very important factor of actual work days in each calendar month versus pay earned in that same month. The pay per day tells the story. That's the QOL argument.

Without even figuring in carryover, I earned an extra 100 CH per year as a 777 FO lineholder. How is that wrong? That's what I got paid in the year I started looking at this. No carryover, no magic. 1040 CH as a 777 FO lineholder. RLG is set for the 757C. That ends up being 940 CH per year. If you start rounding and just doing the 1000 CH x rate per year thing to get a ball park salary, it's not accurate.

Yes, I use carryover to make up the disparity. THEN I am working the same number of days as the 757C, you're correct. He's getting R-day pay for each of those days. On the other hand, I'm getting more bang for my buck per day because I'm actually flying and I'm not even figuring in BKO hours captured on every over 8 flight. So, yes - when I work the same number of days (using carryover) as a 757C on reserve, I make the same (or better) money.