Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:41 AM
Mrhr5b
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
I saw in the previous replies that there aren't any bases for the EMB-120 in Texas. Why does it show on the website that they're hiring FO's for multiple locations in TX? Are they going to be operating the EMB-120 out of a base in TX? Also, I was curious if the PIC time is a hard minimum? I have 415.3 PIC but I meet all of the other requirements. If there's no bases in TX then there's no point in me applying for it though. We're moving to the Dallas area in June.
My advice would be to build more time. Come in as a VFR captain or into the acp. When I first applied I wanted the emb 120 aswell and I was really lucky I didn’t get it. They get very very few hours in most case in the 120. I have 2 that I went through indoc with who over the past 6 months have averaged 35 hrs a month. Also something to be aware of is that it’s usually a couple months from the time you submit your application to your at class. If you want to speed that up and increase your chances go to recruiting events. I have 2 friends who applied with 1000+ hours and previous 135 experience and they have only just finally gotten offers after 3 months of waiting.