Old 03-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Mrhr5b
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by aiqs View Post
Thank you to try to help me out.

1~ as a Pa31 CA.
2~ i havent started training yet!
3~ until i reach minimums for the others of AMF or as well until another base opens up!
Things to know about Amf:
1) they are phasing out the pa31 everywhere but albuquerque. They list 26 or so in the fleet on this site but only 3 bases currently fly them and 2, Portland and Phoenix are currently phasing them out leaving only abq.
2) plan 2 months for training into your schedule of which about 2-3 weeks will be in abq (hotel paid for) there is a good chance I’ll actually be training you. A couple people have found rooms to rent on Craigslist, and some people from the company are roommates. There are a lot of like minded people here and I’ve really enjoyed working for the company and in this base. If all else fails you can get an apartment for 600-800$ for a 1 bedroom close to the airport on a 6 month lease which is really cheap where I’m from.
3) know what your getting into. Do you understand the type of flying we do? Also if your interested there are lots of opportunities for advancement here which is good and if you upgrade to the 99 lots of bases for you to try. Hope this helps,

to recap I have really gotten a lot out of flying chieftains here and am a much better pilot for it. Know that it’s a lot of work and we have a fairly high wash out rate from people who don’t know ifr(if they are going ifr) or don’t want to study. This is a job and you should come to class ready to roll. That being said it’s a blast flying the line and possibly the most freedom you’ll have in your career