View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:18 PM
stringandrudder
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by blackhawk88 View Post
^ Truth. I've got a couple friends at Republic telling me how disappointed they were with their SAP. They thought it was going to function like ours. They have PBS + SAP and being able to drop for them depends on their reserve availability. Ours is truly unrestricted except for obvious ones like 117, training qualification, medical, etc...
While SAP has mostly been a disappointment here at RPA, I think that’s because of everyone’s misunderstanding of the feature at the PBS level and at our company. PBS already allows you to submit your specific preferences, as opposed to relying on pre-built lines that may or may not align with exactly what you need. The more relative seniority you have, and the more time you spend building and understanding your bid, the happier you will be - and in theory, the less need for SAP to begin with, with one exception - dropping below 75 hours. That is my single greatest complaint with our SAP. But that’s what the trade board is for if you’re lucky. Other than that, 15-17 days off are very possible with our trip, duty rigs and unrestricted min day credit. To each their own!