View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
pokey9554's Avatar
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Cessna 150
Posts: 643

Before a part 91 operator can fly in RVSM airspace, that operator must apply for, and be granted permission by way of an LOA (Letter of Authorization) from the FAA. Lucky’s link contains the information that must be submitted in an application package to the operator’s FSDO, but there’s a lot to navigate through if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

In a nutshell, an application package which contains all of the required certified equipment on the airplane, pilot’s training records, maintenance manual (I think this is no longer required), maintenance records and compliance procedures would be submitted to a FSDO. The FSDO reviews these documents and issues an LOA allowing operations in RVSM airspace.

I’m not familiar with single pilot ops, so maybe someone else can chime in if there are any differences other than a single pilot waiver for a two pilot airplane.
pokey9554 is offline