View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Atrasaty
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by rmr1992 View Post
If it happened, it is a CBA violation. Did you contact a steward or the scheduling committee or just complain about it here? Can't happen unless you volunteer for it... Scheduling system prevents them from awarding the conflicting lines unless you check the box at the top of the page in the system. I have had to check this box once to allow me to bid for the days I needed off late in the next bid month, but you have to uncheck it next time around or it stays like that and then you CAN possibly be assigned a schedule you don't want. However, it's also likely you aren't eligible for many of those lines due to FAR flight hours limitations, which the system will not allow to be assigned even if you volunteer for them. Regardless, if it did happen to you, it is/was a CBA violation.

Per CBA, 25B....

"A Crewmember shall not be involuntarily assigned to any schedule that would require any duty in excess of seventeen (17) consecutive Duty Days without an intervening seven (7) consecutive scheduled Days Off, except as specifically provided for in subsection 25.L.2.a., below. The Company may adjust an affected Crewmember’s Bid Line in the second month in order to provide the minimum number of consecutive Days Off (or fewer if agreed upon by the Crewmember) or assign the Crewmember a Reserve Line for the second Bid Month."
Yes it happened to me and I don't appreciate your tone. The scheduling committee told me tough luck, nothing they can do because it is NOT A CBA VIOLATION. It is the companies interpretation of that section. If you are junior as I was in seat at the time, you get what's left over. I did not bid for the awarded line or check the box, they just jammed it up my A$$ and still the union would not touch it. This is who you work for. Look up the word CONSECUTIVE.