View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 12:54 PM
GreenerPastures
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Skeptical

I'd prefer to ramp-up the 700/900 line and send the 200 to SkyWest. The cost and effort to start and maintain a 175 program at 9E might draw on company resources that I'd rather be negotiated into pay/benefits. And I imagine the 175 will go super senior even if it remained in the western-half of the US. More senior if we fly them in the east.
I've been wondering how 9E would acquire the 175?
1) A quick move from Compass at the end of their CPA wouldn't be practical. Airplanes would sit until we have crews trained.
2) Straight merge with Compass. Seniority issues especially in the 9E pilot group; although I wouldn't oppose the possibility.
3) Staple? Good way to immediately anger 600+ future fellow pilots. I oppose stapling an entire pilot group below us. Bad and unfair.
4) Bring the 175s in slowly like the EV to 9E process. Doable, but Compass gets shafted. Fellow pilots struggling as their airline is bled off...like SkyWest is doing to EV. Not good IMHO.
5) Delta buys Compass as a completely separate Wholly Owned similar to AA's regional set up with Envoy/PSA/Piedmont. Don't think that's going to happen after hearing what our CEO and COO have said about 3 DCI carriers.
If we do get the 175, I think it's going to be via #2 or #4. Maybe there's another possibility?
Of course, SkyWest and Republic fly the 175 too, but I don't think we'll see any 175s from them. Delta already has their hands around Republic's throat and SkyWest routinely bends their pilot groups over the desk while somehow convincing them it's ok because they use lube. What Mainline company would argue with that business plan?
Thoughts?