View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:12 AM
AdamBird333
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Default Army Fixed Wing to Air NG or Reserve

Hi all,

Ive been flying king airs for a bit now and, while a better QoL than our rotary counterparts, the Army still knows how to suck most fun out of everything. I’ve still got some time left in the Army but am looking to transfer over to the Air National Guard or Reserve after my commitment. I’ve definitely seen it been done, but other than reaching out to each unit personally (which regardless I’ll probably do), does anybody have any tips of how to start the process? I’m interested in flying heavies (with the turboprop time I have already, I’d be more marketable for C130s, but I wouldn’t cry about a jet qual)

Additionally, two quick questions: 1) is there a solid list out there that easily shows each units location and aircraft they fly? I’ve pieced together some but not a complete comprehensive list....

And 2) I’ll be over 30 by the time I get out of the Army. I’m already tracking that the AF does not recognize the Army’s fixed wing qual course as legit. I’ve somehow also heard of others getting UPT waived. Is this likely? Is it based on hours and/or experience? Or is it who you know aka generals sign off?

Sorry for all the questions. Like I said, I still have some time left but am just seeing what’s out there. Thanks in advance for your feedback.