View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 12:31 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

UPT is getting creative with production..by the time you make the switch who knows what will be required. I know a marine cobra guy who has only flown T6s in pilot training a decade ago, has no other fixed wing time, and is going straight to the KC-135 aircraft commander course. There are some 141 college CFIs going straight to T1s and bypassing T6s altogether. I heard (not confirmed) there are some regional guys skipping T6s and going straight to T1s. I know several regional guys are proficiency advancing in at least some of the UPT bases and skipping some of the T6 stuff. All that is for the heavy track...don’t think the fighter world will see much abbreviation of the syllabus. Hang out on baseops.net forums and bogidope for a list of units that are hiring, the latter being the slightly better option as of late for upcoming boards. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...raft_squadrons Here’s a list of all the flying squadrons to help.

Many units won’t entertain age/commissioned service waivers, though AFRC/NGB are fine with them. Even if some of UPT is waived, you still have to meet age/commissioned service limits IAW the UPT AFI. The fixed wing qual course that used to exist had no age restrictions. Hopefully that comes back. Good luck.