View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 04:47 AM
joeblowe
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Default Really.....

Have you tried anger management sessions. Maybe meditation or Yoga.

The aforesaid EMS operator, as of 1.1.18, was not CAMTS qualified.
They applied once and were rejected.
My training did not meet the CAMTS standards.

THE AMR Hawaii website adverts their EMS operators as CAMTS certified.

The Training /employment Bond is an indentured servitude contract.

The salary is sub-par for the industry. The Insurance package they offer employees is very substandard for the industry. (check the out-of-pocket and deduct coverages).
Their schedule squeezes an extra 52 days a year out of you with the 8/6 schedule vs 7/7 or 14/14. All for a substandard pay. Much worse for FO's.

As Well, FACT:
I have never been in the employ of the two operators, Aloha AC or Hawaii Life Flight, that you had incorrectly identified. Nor, have I been discharged from any operator.

There is a myriad of EMS operators in the market today. The premium operators seek ways to attract long-term pilots. The others (coined as scumbag) attempt to indenture them.

Look at who has the high turn-over rate or cyclic doors.

Even though this current period is a "pilot's" market, there are some of us prefer long-term employment with an EMS operator for a variety of reasons. The Quality EMS operators realize this and have modified their business model to accommodate the current market. The ones that refuse to have become a stepping stone for young pilots. Should the market reverse itself, which it eventually will, the working conditions will change as well.