View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Half wing
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: 787 right

Originally Posted by T28driver View Post
So you do agree that NAI is the same as NAS, NAU, NAL, and NAA? I mean, that was the question. Somehow you turned this into a discussion about LASIK.

I didn’t say it was unusual.

Ships registered in Liberia, Panama, Cambodia, and the Marshall Islands are not unusual either, even when they have no other connection to that country.

Flags of convenience have been the primary cause of the erosion of the jobs and wages of professional US Mariners. The “Norwegian” (and Lufthansa, and IAG, and ME3) models of operation are an equal threat to US professional pilot jobs and wages.

There are many other threats to our current status quo as well.

One of your your favorite tactics is to go after guys that complain about the “wrong” Norwegian, which you portray as making their argument invalid. The difference between NAS, NAI, NAU, NAL and NAA is trivial. They are effectively the same company.

Everything that these carriers are doing is currently legal and within the scope of international trade agreements and treaties (maybe not the ME3). Hopefully that will change. I regularly write my congressman and senators. I talk to other pilots about these issues and encourage them to do the same.
Thank you, I have written several letters and encouraged others to do the same.