Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:02 AM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed View Post
A lot of great information in this thread. It looks like there are currently only Captain listings open, guessing AMF has had a lot of low time - FO applications. I have a PT135 seasonal job this summer that ends in Sept. I will be around the 800hr mark come sept. What is the best route for applying for a possible fall start? I also see conflicting information on commuting -- I am western colorado based and don't have the ability to relocate -- is that even an option? Long term will be working on being PHX based. Thanks!
Hi, there!

Hoping to clear this up for you!
If you live over an hour from an AMF base, having a base would not be an option.
We do however have a Home-Based option where we would fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system and cover the travel, lodging, and per diem. The schedule is a little different than our based pilots and obviously you wouldn't be home every night, but it works for lots of folks out there. Being in Colorado, this would be a good option for you. When you are ready to move to PHX, you would just transfer over to our PHX base and pick up that kind of schedule (specific route and being home every night).

Hope that helps!