View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 04:58 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
While the fight continues with TiredSoul and Davetastic, the ship continues to take on water. Appearances may look okay from the outside, but things are getting more dire by the minute on the SS Atlas.

As the pilot market continues to tighten, we may be reaching a point of no return. We are hiring inexperienced and/or low-time pilots as this is NOT a destination airline, while we are experiencing high pilot churn, compounded by fleet growth.

The scenario is fast approaching where upgrades happen before a pilot gets seasoned and his/her first officer is close to ATP mins, while the crew compliment is tasked with performing some of the most challenging flying in the world.

Everyone at Atlas sees the problem, including middle management but nobody in upper management will admit it.

Gross negligence, manslaughter...I wonder how the executives will look wearing the color orange?
I don't disagree with your points however talks about a hull loss and a "dire situation" and "the most challenging flying" are all compounded and highly amplified by individuals who bring that fight to the cockpit where is does not belong making our job more difficult than it has to be.

I agree that we need a contract but DON'T bring contract talk to the cockpit because if a disagreement ensues, barriers go up and CRM breaks down. I call that self inflicted.