View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Just a head's up to all who may have deadheads scheduled on AA. As was already mentioned, their ticket prices seem to be increasing as the date of travel gets closer.

I went through BidX and looked at most of the AA deadheads in OT right now on the 777. Every international DH and almost every domestic DH ticket price (obtained via "Route Pricing" on VIPs) is significantly more than the Baseline fare on the pairing. There are some that are three times more than the Baseline. MEM-CDG in business class on AA during the first week of May is listed on the pairing Baseline fare as $3756 but the fare on VIPs and the AA website is over $10,000.

As of right now, the Established fares don't seem to be published. I really wish I had checked out these fares the day the FO bid closed the day before yesterday. Looking back several month, it appears most of the Established fares are determined the evening the FO bid closes.

My gut tells me the fares would still have been jacked up where they are now if I had checked Wed night - unfortunately we'll never know for sure unless someone else checked.

My point is, I'm going to be extremely skeptical if all these Established fares get published with an 11 Apr date and match the cheap Baseline fare on the pairing when just 36 hours later the actual prices are 50%-300% more.