View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:55 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
... but it is only toxic to the point that you allow it to affect you!

So, what can I do? Should I spin out of control, or go home to my family and leave work behind while I am still employed by Atlas for the time being. That is all I am suggesting.
The "toxic" environment that everyone else refers to is the relationship between the company and the pilots.

The "toxic" environment that you refer to is the relationship you seem to think exists between you and other crewmembers who disagree with your assessment that life at Atlas is just fine. I haven't ever experienced any toxicity in the cockpit unless you count being pressured by maintenance control or management to fly an illegal or unsafe airplane. It is never with other created by other crewmembers.

As far as what you can do ... you could join your union brothers and sisters and walk a picket line if you have not already done so. Perhaps you could also keep your criticism of the union directed (constructively) at the union stewards where your suggestions might do some good and not aired directly into the public domaine where it would only hurt solidarity.