View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 AM
SpoilerDeployer
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: 757-200 FO

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
"tons of different comm panels"??? Not sure I understand what you mean. All the jets (in the same fleet) I have flown at FedEx all have the same comm panel.
I've only seen 2 panels on the 757, the old school one, and the one that automatically activates the oxygen mask comm when you put it on. I've been told there were/are at least 5 different configurations, but perhaps that was just the position of the switches.

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Upgrading to make a hot mic intercom option is unnecessary as you have already said. The a/c aren't that loud. Plus, I really don't feel like showing up for a flight and either have a Captain decide we have to be hot mic for the whole trip or listen to my FO whine about not being able to wear his giant green ear muffs and whisper the checklist like he used to in a previous life.

I mean we already have to worry about gesture bullying, why add something else to the mix.
No whisper-bullying from me! Those green ear muffs were terrible! I suppose I should just be glad to trade hours of head compression for normal voice conversations.