View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM
McBoeingBus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Relaxing

I can't speak too specifically about where you will be in the class ANC schedules, but from the folks that I've talked to in the recent past the junior new-hires are getting sent to ANC. You've been in the business long enough to know that living in domicile makes for an improved lifestyle, but you may have extenuating circumstances, AK is a big leap. I'd move to leave your current job if you are unhappy or feel that you won't be able to save enough money to retire from that company or if you think that their flight department is in jeopardy. You won't make a ton more as an F/O at UPS from what you've shared and you've got a 170K deficit to overcome from the first year's salary. You'll make more once you upgrade to CA, but that should be around the 10 year mark. Before anyone disputes this estimate, remember the furloughees were told to estimate an 8 year upgrade. On the surface, I don't know that you'd improve your situation significantly, but the devil is in the details. The pay scales are listed as well as the current retirement system. Run the numbers based on current percentage of the junior CA at UPS and other airlines as well as projected retirements. Finally, consider the culture of your new employer, wherever that may be, and see how that fits with your current and projected family situation. If I were in your situation and decided to leave my current employer, I'd look at the big 3 pax carriers. Good luck with your decision.