View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:10 AM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by LCAhotline View Post
The math was shown in either a crew resources update or Alpa email. It will cost 47 jobs. They did the math for you.

I believe it was the one where they used BOS and 320 category as an example.
OK, thanks. But let me play devil's advocate for a moment. We are going to hire 1000 pilots this year, and 1000 pilots next year. The vast majority of AEs for the last two years seem to have been on the lower end of the seniority list. --- ALL upward movement at the bottom of the list -- It does however remain to be seen how the -88 drawdown will affect the list, but let's leave that out for the moment. 47 jobs will be 'lost'. OK, where will they come from and where will they go? Will we be seeing a displacement in the 767 category? Or will these 47 'lost' jobs come from the newhire ranks. We are still going to hire 1000 pilots, so I am guessing that it will not even remotely be noticed. So then you are saying that there will be a 767 displacement. Has that been discussed anywhere? I certainly haven't seen mention of it. This is temporary, so it wouldn't make any sense for the company to do this, and then drawdown the category only to have to either build it later, or pay premium to cover the schedule.

Meanwhile, 80 pilots have a better QOL for a period of time.

The horror.