View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Lotsof Blue
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Bruno82 View Post
Greetings All,

I received an invitation for a phone interview. So, I have a few questions.

1. Has anyone been through the phone interview? Does anyone know what is discussed/asked?

2. It appears that home basing is intact. I heard that it is in jeopardy, though. Is that true?

3. Does crew scheduling handle crew hotel accommodations? Does a hotel shuttle pick you up or is it uber/cab?

4. On reserve, are you sitting standby at the FBO?

5. Do all crew meals come from catering or is there a meal allowance?

Thanks for your answers.
1. Not sure, hopefully, others can chime in. Aviation Interviews.com would be a goo place to check.
2. New hires aren't eligible for HBA's. Crew bases only. (hopefully this policy will change).
3. Company arranges hotels and crews arrange transportation with any of the above. Tips and cab/uber/lyft fares are reimbursed by the company.
4. Technically, you never get off reserve at NJ, because of the on demand nature of the flying. Usually, you fly all day, but get occasional tentative or Hotspare(aka crew rot) at the FBO. Usually in 6 hour or more blocks, and can be anytime of day or night.
5. You can get up to four crew meals per day. The first two are non-taxable and the 3rd/4th are taxable. You also get per diem while on tour. Most pilots get two meals per day and save the per diem. If your crew meal is inedible the company will provide a meal deviation.