View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:53 AM
zerozero
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
I am glad you asked. As I have indicated many times over, my goal is to communicate to prospective candidates that there are other Atlas employees out there that have the same opinion as me that will affirm that the worst case scenario of scheduling, hotel or travel snafus that have and may occur just don't happen at the rate that those here will have you believe.......in MY opinion. That is my message. Don't hate. Don't agree. Don't disagree. Whatever! And I do thank those that help....but rhetoric won't help us get there any faster than diplomacy(imo).....but if it were up to me, I'd have chosen a more diplomatic approach.

And fwiw, I DO volunteer. I call that leading. What would you say about me volunteering? ....and paying my union dues?

Lastly, we each have an OPINION of what message either the union or the company is sending.....it is a matter or one's perspective. You can't force anyone to take your opinion of the union or the company message and people should not be outcast or ostracized for having their opinion, especially as a dues paying member. In fact, I would expect that even the most bitter opponent of the union would be well represented by the union in the event that the unions support was called upon......just because that person pays their dues. (This is just a devil's advocate point of view. I don't actually believe that the union actively engages in ostracizing union members whom oppose the union message).

(I have never nor will I ever be one of those, "I'm just happy to be......." types. This is my career too and of course I want better rules, money etc. Besides, look at the avatar).
Got it. You're a 767 pilot. Not 747, my mistake.

So that explains why you personally haven't experienced scheduling SNAFUs like some 747 crews.

Thanks for volunteering.

And now that you've had your opportunity to speak your mind, I see that you're simply trying to convey honest information to prospective new hire. That's very generous and helpful--to the new hires.

But it's also true that our more bitter and twisted members are equally trying to help the new hires make an informed decision. A lot of people do come to Atlas--and even Southern--not knowing what they're getting themselves into. And the stubborn and bitter contract negotiations is all part of the deal.

Remember, the company is stonewalling here, not the union. That is clear as day. So while some "rhetoric" as you call it may not be very diplomatic at all, it serves a purpose. It's a glimpse into the day to day life of a majority of Atlas/Southern pilots who feel betrayed and manipulated into substandard working conditions while the rest of the industry enjoys material advancements in pay and rules.

You're entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else who feels lied to and cheated by the executives.

Safe flights.