View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
Got it. You're a 767 pilot. Not 747, my mistake.

So that explains why you personally haven't experienced scheduling SNAFUs like some 747 crews.

Thanks for volunteering.

And now that you've had your opportunity to speak your mind, I see that you're simply trying to convey honest information to prospective new hire. That's very generous and helpful--to the new hires.

But it's also true that our more bitter and twisted members are equally trying to help the new hires make an informed decision. A lot of people do come to Atlas--and even Southern--not knowing what they're getting themselves into. And the stubborn and bitter contract negotiations is all part of the deal.

Remember, the company is stonewalling here, not the union. That is clear as day. So while some "rhetoric" as you call it may not be very diplomatic at all, it serves a purpose. It's a glimpse into the day to day life of a majority of Atlas/Southern pilots who feel betrayed and manipulated into substandard working conditions while the rest of the industry enjoys material advancements in pay and rules.

You're entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else who feels lied to and cheated by the executives.

Safe flights.
To be transparent, I was on the 747 too and I STILL did not experience even a fraction of what those here are moaning about. In my opinion, the union is stonewalling as well. They are doing so to gain leverage. The company is stonewalling to reap profits. Yes, I agree, it is part of the deal. I respect those that have the opinion that they are feeling cheated but I have NEVER called anybody wrong because of it. I post here for the purpose of educating as do those that have a contrary opinion but that does NOT mean that I should be called wrong or a company man because of it. To call me wrong for my opinion I think lends credibility to my argument that those guilty of doing so are hypocritical and closed minded in their position; They are of the belief that there is only one perspective, theirs and everyone else is wrong.