View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:08 AM
Shaman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Fetal in the hub

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Yeah, it can be done, but your VLT pay of $55K requires 33-35 days of extra work in the year. Also, $10K in training and OTR? I have no idea what OTR is, but training pay for 5 days a year is less than $4K.

So yeah, work your regular schedule and add an average of 3 days a month onto that and hope that you can get it at draft. Sounds easy.
Pin you're assumptions are a out of phase with my reality.

One of the best things about Fedex is we have the opportunity to fly very low block hours for lots of Pay. Example 6.5 hrs block 65 hrs Crd. Those are high value trips that might look like 7 or 8 days, but if you plan it properly it might work out to 4-5. So your assumption about extra days is not accurate at all. In fact the total days away from home can be significantly lower than a standard line.

The numbers I'm quoting are from the paycheck stub.

XTRA pairings and CHTR beat anything in the bid pack everyday and twice on Sundays.

I've flown for other airlines and I'm saying my experience Here is not what I'd be doing at Delta or any other Major. I know it may seem unbelievable, but its there. Hell sometimes I'm like daayuum!!!

I mean all the scheduling tools: the AVA drop it down the hole conflict carry in Triple double over unders etc. It just depends on how deep you want to go with it all.

A lot of guys aren't interested in doing what it takes to either learn or leverage these advantages. That's not easy but the payout is more $$$ for less work.

And I like money!!!