View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Shaman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Fetal in the hub

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Not saying that I don't believe him, just that it is not average. I flew the MD internationally for ten years, never did reserve, and had some good deals. I just never picked up any extra after those good deals. Considering that now the MD bid pack only has about 10% of the flying as international, these examples aren't what the average 2nd year FO can expect.
I'm not trying to say this is what's typical I'm saying its what's possible. With the overall point being that there's some remarkable opportunities at FEDEX that make this place very unique.

If you've been off the airplane for a while and are really only aware of what's in the bid pack I can totally understand your point of view, but trust me there are guys who haven't been off IOE for two months grabbing these opportunities.

And I know its hard to believe, but it is neither seniority dependent nor bid pack driven. These things are all subject to change, but the current reality is that guys are crushing it. Newhire guys.

To those considering coming to work here understand that this place lends itself very well to finding your niche and leveraging it to the Max. The turnover here is high which means the opportunities to move up and settle in are there. It ain't perfect, but I'll testify!!