View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:21 PM
austin27
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default Hardest Career move of my life....

So my current flying job does not match up with my long term career goals and for multiple other reasons I am very un-happy here. I have made the decision to leave. I have since been offered TWO opportunities. One of them is a much better opportunity for me. I can live where I want and pays more than the other and will take me to where I want to end up quicker. Problem is they need me to start in 3 weeks. I am currently operating as a single crew and my company will likely have to ground the plane for a little until they can find another first officer and send him through training (which sounds like classes might be back up for a bit). The other job while not bad will require me to live somewhere I still like but is much much more expensive and pays less. It will also likely take me longer to get where I want to be in the end. However they will let me start when Im ready. I obviously would like to take job number one but it will put my current employer in much more difficult situation. They are great people and a great company. They do have 4 other planes (just different types). My last intention is to screw over my company but at the end of the day I feel like I have to do whats best for me and my personal happiness. Thoughts?