View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 10:30 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by PW305 View Post
You have to admit, sub is ridiculous. They cancel a trip on you and you’re happy you can make it up at 125% later? Should be paid trip guarantee and go home...
What happens when they Cancel a trip 3 weeks out? Yes, that happens. Just had that happen to one of the buds on the MD.

What happens when they cancel your trip by changing the Airplane type before the Month even happens. Yes, that happens. Had one bud who is a Bus Capt have his M-W-F trips get subbed out due to an equipment change before Open Time was even available.

And Again, Getting paid trip Guarantee and Going Home is one of the options, all it takes is a 4 hour investment.

But, let's Say FedEx eliminates the Whole SUB thing...what happens to Overage Calculations?
Most of the Time I've gone into SUB when my plane breaks. Or I get rerouted somewhere, once CRS starts revising the pairing sometimes the Fun just never stops. Most lucrative week I've had CH wise at FedEx was after my Monday flight was rerouted into Indy, and then CRS get revising\extending my pairing. Wound up adding 4 HSBY periods (only 1 of which we got disruption for because only 1 of them occurred in a scheduled duty period). Wound up with 4 Extra Duty periods. Because I declined SUB, turning my Tues-Friday into Time Free From duty, I accrued overage at 150% and then 200%. Flew a total of 2 legs for almost a Month's worth of Credit hours.

Now, I could've stayed eligible for SUB...know FedEx couldn't use me. Pretty sure still get the Extra duty periods, but it was pretty nice knowing every day they extended past Wednesday paid at 200%.