View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Transition View Post
It's amazing how many pro company stooges we have in our ranks who are happy with the status quo. I fly with them on occasion, and they sound just as cringe worthy in the flight deck as they do here. This place is falling apart, and they'll sing it's praises until the wheels come off, while lambasting the ones trying to help. What a mess.

I have never flown with a "pro-company stooge" nor have I ever heard anybody "sing praises while lambasting those who don't....." about the company. I have also never flown with an over the top pro-union guy either. The flight deck dynamic is quite different than the atmosphere here. Everyone I have flown with has the viewpoint that we indeed need a contract and better pay and all that but they are taken aback with the union rhetoric. That is not to say that any of the guys and gals that I have flown with disagree with the union but are just a little surprised with the union politics of intentionally injecting hysteria into the contractual argument. From the line, no person that I have flown with actually says these things mentioned here on this thread or this forum, "...this place is falling apart", and "...Atlas is a mess, I can't wait to get out of here"! NO DOUBT that the union message is being received out on the line but make no mistake, from a style perspective, it is not all positive.

And before you union dogs come to chew my leg off, take for a minute to pontificate what is being said rather than mauling the messenger. I am actually doing you a favor!!!! I am just reporting what I see!

There are a great many number of lurkers out there that utilize social media to gather information but are afraid to post, or don't know how or just don't, and there are a great many more that don't even use social media. If I were truly seeking honest feedback, I'd start at the anonymous forums and hope a brave sole would speak up to answer hard questions.