Old 05-01-2018, 02:27 PM
SonicFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

The ABA only accredits schools that are full-time 3 year traditional AFAIK.

Which means that if you go to a local metropolitan type of law school that isn't ABA accredited you might be able to do it at night/part-time. But you'll likely only be able to practice in that one state since it isn't ABA accredited.

Nashville School of Law is a great example of this... they are at night, most of their profs are not ivory tower types, they are real judges and practicing attorneys and as such can give a damn good practical education (as opposed to legal theory). But if you leave TN your law degree may not be recognized by other states.

And as mentioned above, if you are not in the top 10 you will never get in to a major prestigious firm as a partner. But who would want that life anyway? 80 hours a week slaving away? No thanks.

I seriously considered law school before deciding on flight school. Most lawyers make under $75k, and a few make well above that. But who wants to be indoors all day chained to a desk dealing with scumbags?

So the question is, why are you considering it? Is it a backup plan in case of furlough or medical? Is it just for fun or curiosity or cocktail party conversation? Is it a resume building plan? Is it a career change? Or do you really want to go full blast with it?

I put a lot of time and thought in to it before deciding not to do it, so I feel I might be able to offer some guidance to others who are considering a similar path.