Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM
galaxy flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Bizjetjobs might work, as would careers websites at Jet Aviation or EJM, but without serious networking and contacts, probably bleak even in today’s market. It’s a different beast than airline flying and enough money is being offered that operators want a record in business aviation.

I’m coming from being a chief pilot who’s seen the resume quality decline precipitously. Flying the jet is everything at 121; it’s seriously only 25% of corporate. No, I’m not talking about cleaning the plane (we don’t), but lots of operators today fly international where, it’s all on the pilot sto “make it happen”. It’s about anticipating all the things agents, TSA, dispatchers, airline management take care of and you don’t see. Passenger forgets his passport in India, it’s on you and, perhaps, a handler to get her thru Immigration. Handler in Accra says, “cash only fuel”; it’s on you to change his mind, even when he parks the fuel truck in front of the wing. Flying Petropalovsk to Tahiti, no dispatcher will confirm that the fuel boarded will ensure divert capability to Christmas Island. Boss wants to operate at East Hampton which is just doable in a Global, if it’s dry. You have to persuade him it’s not a good idea. Yes, those have happened to me.

GF