Old 05-03-2018, 06:00 PM
galaxy flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Originally Posted by tsquared030 View Post
Thanks GF for the input. Is there a particular networking site you can point me toward, or should I just head out to my local FBOs (I'm in the IAD/DCA area) and start introducing myself?

Interesting challenges that you relate. I'm going to guess that for the Passport and fueler issue, that discrete application of Presidential influence may work (particularly President Grant) with help from Benjamin Franklin.

Thanks again.

T
************* (paywall) might be helpful. I’d guess most 135 operators wouldn’t be willing type rate, you might find one that will. It’s a huge expense for something like a Gulfstream or Global; less for less well-paying types. It’s the type rating that might be your biggest hurdle—$80,000 + for those types. Check the Jet Aviation or Rxecutive Jet Management sites. Those are usually great jobs, but usually want experience in type.

No, offering money up front is as likely to cause a problem than fix one. In the passport case, my passengers were well connected and quickly solved the problem. I just stood my ground in Accra and out-waited them. It’s a different side of aviation. I went to two countries (Gabon and Montenegro) where the Immigration authorities took one look at who we were with and just said, “have a good evening, don’t stop by again”.

GF