Thread: What do I need?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:11 AM
flyguy727
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by navyellis View Post
Thank you all for the input! I'm currently enrolled at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and I'm about 3/4 through my bachelors degree. So I think that will help. I'm on board on getting the commercial License ASAP. I'm using King schools course, It helped tremendously with my instrument. So It looks like commercial, then multi, then CFI. Does that sound about right? When I get the commercial, I think I'll look into getting a gig like flying mail or something like that. someone mentioned if I get offered to get a type rating, take it? Does it just happen like that? Someone just says "hey, you wanna get a type rating in this aircraft"? You all are being awesome answering all these remedial questions, so thank you!
Don't pay for a type, that's not really needed. You gonna need that 1500 hrs. That's your gial, even that restricted one, really won't do much for you other than get you the ATP, if you got a 1000 hrs, you can go ahead and get the extra 500 which won't take that much longer to get. Even if you go to the airlines, with a restrictive, you can only upgrade after you get the extra 500 hrs.
Good luck to you!