View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 12:07 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
1) Print and retain a copy of your 8500 after you fill it out online (you can just save the pdf too). This is in addition to any copy(s) the AME asks you to bring. Reference your last 8500 when you fill out the next one.

2) I'm pretty sure the AME cannot change the stuff that you submitted online. That's why the FAA does it that way now. In the past "helpful" AMEs might ask a pilot to shred his 8500 and fill out a new one with less "detail". I knew of one guy who literally had a shredder in the exam room for that purpose...

3) Yes, you should check that box forever. It asks a very simple question, with a yes or no answer.

Worst case even if it did get missed once, the fact that it was previously reported with no change would mean the FAA wouldn't get bent out of shape, if they even noticed. They only get really concerned about serious medical conditions and deliberate falsification. No concerns with falsifying a static condition which you previously reported numerous times. Don't sweat it.

But find a new AME if that one makes you uncomfortable. I would avoid switching AMEs unless absolutely necessary... the new one might open up a past can of worms that he views to be more serious than the last guy. You also have to explain all that past history again, and you never know the new guy might be unreasonably anal... don't want to have to spend time and money investigating things that other AMEs would be OK with. Also, as a pro pilot NEVER use an AME unless you have personal references from other pilots.

I drive a fair distance to keep my current AME.
I drive 240miles..........each way