View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 01:17 PM
flydiamond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
A lot of people, especially ExpressJet people, were really hoping for the super base of Atlanta. That now seems to have been dropped. A few 5am shows to sit at LGA on airport reserve will cure a lot of people of coming to EDV. Again, there is no real career progression. Fast upgrades but that is on the 200 and you will be on reserve for two years, at least, and in New York. It's hell AND expensive. As far as the EMB170/175s, those promises have been made for a few years it seems. Then right at the last minute, oh no, they're not coming. The April fools "flow" was only to close to reality. The continued rumor of all these 700s may or may not be true. They keep dangling these carrots to attract and retain people because I believe if things do not improve there really is no reason to stay. Talk to the real senior people, they have been hearing all these things for years and years.

The culture has become a bit stale too. There are lots of grievances and lots of fatigue reports, mostly due firebreaks, being rejected. It is not part of the "Core" principles, the current state of affairs. I thought the new contract was supposed to bring peace and harmony but it seems to have brought micro management, god do they micro manage everything to death, and uneasiness.

The regionals are what they are BUT go with a flow. If you are going to be beat over the head and abused and have to spend time, a lot of time, in New York, you might as well have something for your investment. This is just my experience and opinion.
May I ask why you don’t just move over to Envoy then? Your attitude is toxic and does not represent the positive attitudes I encounter out on the line.