View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 05:56 PM
CAPILOTAIN
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Labyer View Post
I know this question has been somewhat answered so I apologize in advance for asking again. (This is my first time forum posting so stick with me) so I just got out of the Army and I’m thinking of pursuing A career as an Airline Pilot. However, I wear glasses (thick ones :,(...) and my left eye is only correctable to about 20/30. I do have both eyes corrected to 20/20 but like I said, my left eye isn’t. Should I even apply for a university flight school, would the jobs even come if I was able to get all my ratings. Lastly, when I go to get my physical do I just ask the AME for a waiver? The schools websites only say 1st class medical exam required. It doesn’t say anything about waivers or what ever... should I even try to pursue this or just cut my losses.
The medical exam cost $100. Go get one done and see how it goes from there. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Also go watch speed and angels if you want some hope. If someone can get shot in the neck and still become a fighter pilot you’ll be fine.